Hurry Hurry Mary Dear by N.M. Bodecker
Only in this book poor Mary is alone in her endeavors, and I have a hard working husband to blame for most of what get's done around here. I feel like very few people around here believe in their own ability to get things done. They are always saying they have done something when what they really mean is they have hired someone to do it for them. When said people visit and see the work Matt has done taking down trees and putting up fences they are truly amazed that he did it himself. I think they also consider him a little bit crazy for working so hard. Time is money around here . . . or something like that. Maybe it's, "Why do it yourself when you can boost the economy by paying someone else to do it for you."
My only contribution this fall consists of 1 quart and 1 pint of apple sauce (almost all eaten) and a freshly raked lawn threes weeks in a row.



2 comments:
I love that you are updating your blog all the time again! It is fun to get a glimpse into your lives now that you are so far away from us. I had to comment on this post because I am pretty sure that you are contributing MUCH more than raking leaves and applesauce. You have a house full of children that you are loving, reading to, and taking care of. Love you!
That was from Aunt Jenny. Not sure why it says "Unknown" even though it made me log in before it would publish. :)
Post a Comment