Today, just like every other Mon-Fri since September, we all got dressed, we all ate breakfast, and we all hopped in the car to drive Jill to the local Baptist church for preschool. We were a little late today because Mom worked out and had to take a shower (that's a new thing I'll talk about later. The working out part, not the showering part), Mom was slow making the ham and eggs, Mom forgot to get every ones shoes and coats on until just before we had to get out the door, and Mom took a wrong turn as we tried out a new shortcut.
Today, just like every other Tues&Thurs since September, MaryEllen also had preschool.
Today, not like every other Tues&Thurs, I taught MaryEllen's preschool. I get to do this every 5th week, and it is like the perfect storm that makes me grateful that it's not every 4th week.
So, after we dropped Jill off late, we raced back home, cleaned up breakfast and the rest of the house, got out the preschool supplies and hoped for the best. Then it happened: the children arrived and we started preschool, sort of. One of the children stood by the door crying for his mom to come back, Hannah pooped her diaper, and Grey started to cry too. We did the best we could to maintain some control. We sang our songs, we talked about the weather, we played the name game to go along with our Letter N theme. Then everyone had to go to the bathroom, or so it seemed. We are all potty trained (not including Hannah, who was still stinky, and Grey, who was still fussy.) but a few of us like help. All the children who like help needed, or wanted, to go more than once. We went potty while the others colored. Then we went potty while the others stickered. Then we went potty while the others played with toys and read books. Then I changed some diapers and fed Grey. And then I realized someone was missing. She was in the potty. She doesn't need help, but today she didn't remember where the potty was until much to late. I changed one more child.
We had snacks, we made bird nests out of paper plates. We read the groups favorite train book. Then the moms came. I forgot to ask them to come a little earlier so I could pick up Jill on time. The shoes and coats were found. Everyone hustled out the door. We put on our shoes and coats and hustled out the door to pick up Jill. We are late. Very Late! We meet the piano tuner on the way to the van. He is early, and we are still late. He has to move his car so we can get out of the drive way. I let him into the house, and I buckle my children in while he moves his car. We take the new shortcut to pick up Jill. I make the same wrong turn. We get there just as Jill's teacher is getting ready to call us. We are so happy to pick up Jill.
Today, I have never been so happy to pick up Jill. Picking up Jill meant that Preschool was over for the day and over for me for the next 4 weeks. Preschool is so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment