This morning, Matt was with the 11year old scouts, so we took it slow and easy. Jill and I chatted in the family room while I folded some laundry from yesterday, we got dressed after Hannah and MaryEllen finally woke up, and we had breakfast for an hour as I puttered around the kitchen. I made bread. I made smoothies and more kefir for another day. I made sourdough pancakes. I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it with breakfast dishes. I swept. I fed Grey breakfast.
Then Jill and I picked out a cake mix. The girls helped me gather the ingredients and equipment. Jill preheated the oven. And all of the sudden I was out of non-messy things to do. We had to just bite the bullet and make the cake. MaryEllen had the box ripped open in no time. She poured the mix into the bowl and everyone had a taste. Yep, it was good. We determined that cakes are OK to keep in food storage. Jill helped me add the water and flour. Then we needed to add two eggs . . . But I have 3 girls . . .
The 4 year old did a great job cracking her egg into the measuring bowl. The 3 year old cracked her shell, pulled it apart, and threw egg and shell into the bowl. The 2 year old was sad when I said we had enough eggs and instead of putting hers back in the carton she dropped it on the table. SPLAT! The baby just slept though it all. We mixed the batter longer than recommended because everyone needed a turn. A small price to pay for happy children. And then everyone tried the batter. Yep, still good. Jill said it was too good to stop trying it, so I helped everyone stop by putting it in the pans and in the oven.
After the cake baked we went outside to trip one of the last hydrangea bushes left from the yard, tree, and bush clean up project. We had lunch. Then Dad came home from the camp out, Hannah went down for a nap, and I took the other two girls and Grey to a friend's house for a Thrive food company party.
Then home again, quick dinner and bathes, and back in the car to a friends house for some fun while Matt and I went on a date (and shopping for Jill's birthday.) Tip: Everything you could ever need to make a 5 year old's dreams come true can be found at Wal-mart. And now we have gifts to go with the cake. Happy Day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment