Today started out as a normal Monday with normal type goals. We are in charge of snacks for Jill's preschool class this week. Nothing fancy. We took animal crackers and fruit snacks. At home we started some laundry, watched a show, and talked about President Monson's Sunday morning conference talk with my visiting teachers. Then we picked up Jill, and had lunch.
And then I got an idea. I got a box for the garage, and while my children got into all kinds of mischief, I cut out a tree trunk and 6 limbs for our living room wall. Half way though my random project my friend called and asked if Jill and M could play with her daughter. Perfect. She picked them up, Grey fell asleep moments later, and Hannah and I spent some quality time together pushing leaves down the drive way. Then she took a nap too.
I had all afternoon to do very productive things, like laundry, or rake more leaves. Instead, I finished mounting a cardboard tree to the wall and cutting out beautiful construction paper leaves. I was so into leaf cutting that when Matt and the girls came home from work and play I hadn't even started dinner. We had something very random and then had a Family Home Evening lesson on being thankful and taped leaves to the tree that said what we were thankful for. We again had something very random for FHE treats, and then went to bed.
I'm thankful for a loving family that puts up with my randomness and plays along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment