Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WMMMMMMMM

Dear William,

You don't remember your third birthday, but I do. You had a scare over your lip from a tragic, rainy day, park accident and you had just learned how to say how old you were. You would hold your hand up to your mouth like an "O" and very slowly lift up your pinky, then your ring finger, then your middle finger, all the while saying "thhhhhrrrrreeee" with great focus. You would move your hand with three outstreached fingers away from your mouth and down to your side on the "eeee" part. Then you would smile the biggest, crooked mouthed, smile. So cute.

Happy birthday, and happy St. Patties day. Here's a green treat for you and Rebecca to make.

Feta Spinach Dip
(party size)

1 ten oz box of chopped spinach, thowed
1 six oz container of feta chese, crumbled
1/3 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 package crackers or bread rounds

Add first 5 ingredience together in a bowl and stir to your hearts content. Eat on crackers or little toasts. (I really enjoy it on toated pieces of sour dough bread. I also added more walnuts that asked for. About a cup, and it was good.)

2 comments:

Rebecca J said...

That dip looks great! I made a key lime cheesecake, and added green food coloring for good luck, and it totally looks like the Wicked Witch of the West, cheesecake-style. Not very appetizing in appearance. Whoops.

Anonymous said...

Best story ever.