I love hearing Matt sing and play with Jill. We both love nursery rhymes, and I'm aften surprised how many my sweet sports loving husband can rattle off. This week we had a little competition. An article in our local paper challenged us to recite the first lines of poems after hearing only the second line. Let's see how you guys do.
Under Grad Level:
1. The cat and the fiddle
2. Sat on a wall
3. Lost her sheep
4. Went up a hill
5. The mouse ran up the clock
Graduate Level:
1. This little piggy stayed home
2. Three men in a tub
3. Father John , Father John
4. See how they run
5. Eating her curds and whey
PhD Level:
1. Kissed the girls and made them cry
2. Had a wife but couldn't keep her
3. Went to bed with his stockings on
4. The sheep are in the meadow, the cow's in the corn
5. How does your garden grow
Later, Matt was singing Pat-A-Cake with Jill. It went something like this:
Patty's Cake, Patty's Cake, Bake-a-Man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
Flip it, and throw it, and drop it on your knee.
And . . . ummm, What's the rest of this song?
I was laughing so hard at the knee part I almost couldn't rember the last line. I love our daddy's nursery rhyme renditions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's a fun post! I guess I'm at the doctorate level, too! (Who'd have thunk it?) Austin is the SAME way with songs and rhymes. I don't know how he comes up with his versions.
Post a Comment