Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sale: 4 for $1


So I bought 4 dollars worth, and they sat in the fridge for a week while Matt wondered what his wife was up to. A week later I got out my nifty food processor that cuts veggies paper thin in seconds and I filled two bowls with saltwater, cucumbers, and onions.

"Soak for 3 hours," the recipe said. So, a week and a half later, I boiled some sugar, vinegar, and spices and made some pickles. I always forget how fast and easy this recipe is. I'm always so excited when I see new jars of bread and butter pickles on my kitchen counter. Yum!

5 comments:

the ginabean said...

Enjoy!

JennyCook said...

Hey Sarah glad to see your doing so good! Wish I was still up in Idaho Falls, I miss it.

Lorraine said...

can we live near each other some day so we can can together? And can can together, too, if you want. Love you!!

Jeana Bird said...

Sound delicious!

Jeana Bird said...

I meant sounds delicious!