This has been a week of food adventures. I've felt so rejected so many times by food establishments!
Wednesday night we went out to eat. I asked to go to Chili's hoping to have their chicken fried steak, which I think is wonderful. Unfortunately they were all out of that particular dish, so we had something else. I was so disappointed that I actually asked the waiter if he could ask the cooks to pound some hamburger together and fry them in batter. I finally came to my senses and got something else.
Thursday night was kind of funny too.
I love snow cones, and a few years ago I noticed that the fast food place Sonic has slushes in any flavor you can dream up that taste just like snow cones to me. I came home from work really wanting a slush with lime and coconut in it.
So Matt and I set off to Sonic which is just a few blocks from our home. When we got there I ordered a lime-coconut slush and a salad with honey mustard dressing. The "car hop" told us that they were out of coconut and honey mustard dressing. I looked at Matt and asked if we could try the Sonic on the other side of town. I really only wanted a lime-coconut slush.
So we said good bye to the car hop and drove a few blocks to the other Sonic. In the drive thru we asked for the same thing. They also were out of coconut and they had over stocked thousand island dressing so that's all they had. I gave up and ordered something without coconut or honey mustard dressing. But when we drove up to the window and Matt reached for his wallet we realized that we had left the house in such a hurry that we'd left it behind. We were so embarrassed. So we slunk back home and made peanut butter and jelly. No coconut for me.
I'll try next week and see if I can get a chicken fried steak and a line-coconut slush in this town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Funny story! One time we were at Panda Express, ordered our food and I looked at my husband and said, "didn't you bring your wallet." He said, "no, I thought you did." Needless to say neither one of us took our wallets and we had to leave our food at the counter...the man helping us was really annoyed-I just laughed, I thought it was pretty funny! Glad to see it happens to other people too!
Too funny. I was a little sad for you though that you did not get ANYTHING that you wanted. Good luck next time!
I went to Sonic today for a cran-apple slush. They were out of apple juice. They're fired!
I love sonic slushes. You could get ocean water. That's a blue summer flavor, and maybe it has coconut.
Post a Comment