Sunday morning we made a cup of sushi rice and rolled a few crab and salmon rolls with avacado, green onion, and cucumber. We quickly realized that one cucumber can fill more than one cup of rice worth of rolls, so we made LOTS more rice and rolled 10 sushi rolls!
I was pretty hungry by this point (even though I had two helpings of german pancakes just 2 hours before), So we tried a few with pickled ginger and wasabi (they were on the shopping list). Then we packaged the rest up. Some we took to Matt's roommate and his wife who served us dinner Sunday night. Some we took to our neighbors who both served Asian missions. (Mary, I wore my Tai shoes to deliver and they both noticed them and were really excited to hear they were from Taiwan.)And we are slowly eating the rest. Sushi = very fancy! Sushi = very yum!


4 comments:
It's fun, huh? I love how they look when you cut them. Did you see the other sushi recipes on that site? There's one with a kiwi in it that looks crazy on the inside.
If I could palate sushi, I'd totally make it. (Yeah, maybe I AM picky...?)
yummy!
BTW, Ranch Day is always at the end of April, so make your plans now! We'll be here for three more Ranch Days.
Post a Comment