At the beginning of May, Matt and I planted our garden. I'll put up pictures in the next post and then you will see why I'm so in love with Matt and his gardening skills.
At the end of May, the 19-30 to be exact, Matt and I went to Germany for our first real family vacation. It was beautiful there this time of year, and the weather was perfect. It was green and sunny during the day, then cool in the evenings with little rain storms at night.
So we flew out of Salt Lake May 19th and into Frankfut, Germany the next day. You gatta' love international flights. We decided having a car would be much less expensive than taking trains, buses, and taxis everywhere we planned to go, so we picked up our little VW golf (which was really a good sized sports wagon) and took off. For the sake of trying to beat jet-lag, we didn't even drive to our hotel to check in until later that evening. We spent our first day traipsing around Frankfurt, eating ice cream, and checking out the interesting art and architecture.
This was the entrance to an "art" park.
Then we settled in at our Inn, which was in a little town north of Frankfurt. There was a thunderstorm that night that shook the whole countryside and rattled you from the inside out.
The next day was a German national holiday, the day Christ ascended to heaven. Everything was closed except the churches, so we drove to Mainz and caught the first part of Mass as we peeked inside the cathedral there.


5 comments:
What fun! I had no idea you went to Germany! I bet Matt loved being back there!
Cute hair cut, by the way.
Oooohhhhhhh...I love it! I cannot wait to see more! Thanks for sharing.
How exciting. That is really cool that you were able to go. What a fun trip.
I didn't know you guys went to Germany! That's awesome! I love the pictures.
Very fun memories. I am glad you guys got to do that together!
Post a Comment