I've waited so long to put this up that I already need to do an update. This is what our garden looked like in mid-June when we finally got everything planted that we wanted.
Last year I loved my garden, but it was really just for fun. This year we have a serious garden, or at least I feel like it's all serious. I guess that's what I get for marrying the son of a gardener. I love it, but I forgot to plant the wild flowers, and we have many more rows of everything to weed. It a good thing I have help.
We got a lot of rain in June, other than potatoes, peas and beans, (or and radishes) we haven't seen many more finished products. But we have so many peas and beans, we were thinking of having a "garden party" and having all our friends come out and pick a bag. Wouldn't that be fun.
I guess I should explain why we live in an apartment down town and we have a huge garden. Each year the Church farms plant their fields and leave the sections by the road between houses and telephone lines empty. They can plow it up, but it's not easy to feed or harvest, so they plow it, and section it, and let volunteer gardeners plant, weed, and harvest it at no cost. They water it. It's basically the best type of community garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment