Sunday, July 26, 2009

German Friends

When we first started "dating," (or rather, awkwardly visiting each other without calling first and hanging out on each others couches for hours talking about nothing is a better description) Matt pulled out a drawer of mission pictures and took me on a picture tour of that two years of his life. One picture in particular he was very excited to show me. It looked a lot like this one below, except that Matt is wearing a suit and these two fine people are on a different couch in a different living room.

He said, "I hope when I go back to Germany, I get to see them. They are some of the only people I would like to see from my mission." I would like to say that these two are also my friends now! We descended on their hospitality Friday night after our Rhine River trip. We both got hugs!! I was very excited that they both spoke English. They helped me out so very much learning a few word for the rest of the trip.


Friday night, we had dinner on their porch, then they took us to a carnival.
Saturday, we took a road trip to France. While we were planning our trip they asked us if we were going anywhere besides Germany. When we said no, they said that was silly, and since we were so close, we would go to France for the day. I'm so glad! Strasbourg was lovely.

Sunday, we went to the German ward for church, then drove to Mannheim to enjoy Luisen Park, a very nice park with lots of little parks, a zoo, and beautiful gardens inside.


Monday morning they had to go back to work, and we had to continue our tour of Germany. But we came back the next Thursday for a bit of fun and to say our goodbyes. Thank you, you two. Hopefully we can do it again someday.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I loved Strasborg too! (p.s. I know I probably spelled that wrong.) :)