So, We were off:
We have never even been close to this water tower, so this was a real adventure. We pulled into the right parking lot at least, but we were greeted by this sign.
Let me read it for you. "RESTRICTED AREA Tailrace fishing permitted during daylight hours only. visitors/fishermen check in with dispatcher." Well, the gate was open, so we figured it was still daylight. We weren't exactly fishermen anyway, unless you count fishing for adventure!!!
You know, if they didn't make those 8 legs so conveniently easy to climb, I think less people would try.
We were very lucky to have a nice dispatch officer come out and remind us that just because the fence was open doesn't mean we can actually climb the tower. We said sorry and went to dinner.
I felt like a fish sandwich, so we went to a place that just got one on the menu.
But after waiting for about 10 minutes while we watched the employees shuffle back and forth and look at us funny, we decided to inquire elsewhere.
After dinner we went to see a movie to end our evening. The whole night was very satisfying.
Other news for us on this three month mark:
I have a calling as the Relief Society bulletin coordinator. Matt and I have made lots of new friends in our new ward, and little young couples and families keep moving into our 8 unit complex. Matt is still playing basketball every Thursday with the ward team and most Tuesdays with friends. And we are beginning to plan our garden, even though it snows about once a week.
Life is very good.


5 comments:
Hey How are you guys? I need to get your number sarah, I heard your talks in church went great, wish I could have been there! Looks like a fun date, thats awesome you little trespasser!
I love the water tower! And I love that you tried to climb it. That thought never even occurred to me. Climbing on top of the JCPenney sign, however, did.
I think it is totally AWESOME that you guys tried to climb the water tower!
You know, I never thought of you as the water tower climbing type. :) -This husband of yours must be bringing out the wild and adventuresome side of you. :)
This story reminds me of what I want to post about Jack's and my recent anniversary of getting engaged. Thanks for reminding me.
Post a Comment