Saturday, September 30, 2017

Fall Read-Alongs

With M. and Jilly becoming amazing readers, and the other two being such good listeners we've entered the exciting new world of children's novel bed time reading. At the end of our bedtime routine, we give one last kiss, turn out the lights, and then I read in the hall between the rooms while everyone listens. (When everyone listens) It is MAGICAL!

Some of the books we've read are Laura Engles Wilder's Little House in the Big Woods, Little House on the Prairie, My Father's dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett, and The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DeCamillo.

Please join us for our next Family story. We are reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett


We are excited to hear how your family likes it. Please comment below if you've already read this one together or when you finish. What is your favorite part? Which characters do you love? What themes did your kiddos identify with? What touched you as you read?

I've also picked up a children's book series that I love and would love to read with you all. The first book is Fly by Night by Frances Hardinge. The characters are spunky, the writing is clever, and I can't wait to talk to you about it.



Happy Fall Reading!!!

No comments: