Saturday, March 25, 2017

Signs of Spring


Have you heard that saying about March: "In like a lion; out like a lamb"? I'm convinced a New Englander made that up (probably Benjamin Franklin) because it is an accurate assessment of the weather right now. This is the view out my front window this weekend. We had a foot and a half of snow last week and now things are warming up and melting away.


Before that massive snow storm there were signs of spring popping up in the flower beds. I was afraid all that snow had crushed and killed all the baby flowers, but look . . . aren't crocuses the most amazing spring flower. They just pop right up out of the snow and give us hope of warmer days to come.


Ahhh Spring, the calendar told me you had come, but I didn't really believe until now. But now that I'm sure, I've noticed other signs of Spring:

My children have cabin fever like I've never seen. This is the week to dawn galoshes and kick everyone out side to splash and scream.

I keep adding things to my "new skills to learn" list, like tap dancing, and photography.

And the colors I'm choosing to wear are getting more and more Easter-ish.


I'm just so happy those little flowers made it. I will never doubt again.

No comments: