The Blue Angels came to town! This was Jill's and my first ever Air Show. It was almost too exciting to handle.

Here we are, sitting under the shade of our own umbrella. I never realized how incredibly barren an air strip could be. I'll be sure to take notice and give thanks the next time I take off and land somewhere.
Here we are, sitting under the shade of our own umbrella. I never realized how incredibly barren an air strip could be. I'll be sure to take notice and give thanks the next time I take off and land somewhere.
We sat with our friends the Bells. And the whole time I (and their two boys) kept wishing our shady umbrella was 5 times bigger.
We made it about half way though. The show began with a tribute to fighter planes from WW1 and ending with the current B-52 Bomber and the "Sound of Freedom." After a few swift passes, Jill had had it with the "Sound of Freedom" and was ready for a nap. So we watched the blue angels from a very shady field about a half mile away from the air strip while Jill slept in her stroller.
The whole time, I couldn't help thinking of Grandpa Jackson and his wonderful airplane stories. As I shared one of his stories with Matt, an older fellow with white hair in a dress shirt and tan slacks walked by with his camera pointed toward the sky. I said, "And if Grandpa were here right now, that is exactly what he would look like."
What sweet memories. I'm so grateful for a Grandpa who made those memories possible for me.



2 comments:
I was in IF for the Blue Angels. Sorry we missed you and your adorable family!
You're absolutely right, Sarah. That IS exactly what Grandpa would look like. I love you.
Post a Comment