So Matt and I got the crib up during conference weekend. I washed some baby cloths and the sheets. Now, to my great pre-mothering relief, one wall of the study/spear room/craft- sewing/storage room is set up as the nursery. Theme: Clouds. (It's hard to have a themed nursery in a rented two bedroom apartment.
Thank you, my sweet friend who gave me the matching clouds wet wipe box to complete the look.
The week after conference, I found I had the energy to actually get up at 5:00am and see Matt off to work properly. So I did. Then I put a load of landry in and started back upstairs. On my way up the second step I remembered to lock to door behind Matt, whipped around a little too quickly and ended up slipping off the last stair, catching myself on the side of my left foot which crumpled under the full weight of mother and child.
One quick trip to the community clinic and three x-rays told me I had broken my foot.
4 weeks left until my due date = 4 weeks in a walking boot. Oh the joys of pre-motherhood.


No comments:
Post a Comment