Sunday, September 6, 2009

Autumn News


We had a beautiful Summer in Idaho, but Fall will always be my favorite. The air is clear and misty, the wheat fields turn the perfect color of gold. AND I get to learn new things.

During one of his fishing trips Matt took this beautiful picture of a wheat field and pines in front of the Teton Mountains for me.

This year is my first real year to learn about Football. I knew football season was coming because of the commercials on TV and all the Jr. High and High School kids riding their bikes decked out for practice. But it had never occurred to me that College Football had a definite starting date. I never realized that Labor Day Weekend, although one of my favorites, was even more special to all those college football fans out there.

Well, my husband being one of those said fans, I'm learning to love one more thing about my favorite season. Yesterday, we ate breakfast, threw in some laundry, went to the craft store, then came home and settled in for a afternoon of knitting and football. Then we went over to our friend's house for a BBQ and the first BYU game of the season. What an exciting night!!! Go teams!


Matt's Favorite, and one for my boys in Provo: BYU beat Oklahoma 14-13 (that was a close one)


For my Red Raiders in Lubbock: Texas Tech beat North Dakota 38-13 (a smash)


And this is for you Luke: Baylor beat Wake Forest 24-21 (hope they hold strong this year)

And Mary, per your request, I thought this might be the perfect time to send a few pictures of our new player. She's growing big and strong. Doesn't she kind of look like a football?


Happy Autumn Every one!!

5 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Go Cougars!! That was a great game. You look so cute! I'd say she's a mix between a football and basketball. (=

Krystal said...

Yay! I also love autumn. What a cute baby bump. Oh, and that spray park is in Rexburg (at Porter Park, actually.)

the ginabean said...

Autumn's the BEST!

And also, you're a cute pregnant lady :)

Cassie said...

Cute Sarah, I am excited for Autumn too. Hope that baby is doing well. :)

Ellen said...

You look very cute, I hope you feel good at the same time.

Enjoy the leaves for me, we are just having 4 days of rain, I love that too.