For Valentine's Day, Matt and I decided to go out for a "couples outing." That is what my "stylist" at Josie's called it. She was a thirty year old Colombian girl who looked like a 20 year old and also looked disappointed when I said I was married to the man I walked in with and not as young as she thought.
Matt's "stylist" was an older blond woman who Matt later said was "used to cutting old lady hair." Matt and I both needed trims for our wedding photo retakes next weekend and my usual place was booked for Valentine's, so we decided to see what the West Side had to offer. After driving though a few strip malls around our apartment we finally found a barber shop and salon right next to each other. We walked in to Josie's and felt like we had walked into a different dimension. It was like stepping into someone's closet that hadn't been cleaned out for a few decades. Before we could turn around and walk over to the barber shop we were both swiftly ushered into chairs and robed.
After finding that I had no good life stories to dish, Monica, "my styles," asked me what I though about the economy and commented that it looked like I had never gotten my hair professionally cut before. At the end of the cut I refused a $10 styling, pulled up my wet ponytail, and looked for Matt. He had just been gelled and his hair had an unusual part in it. I walked over to him and tried not to laugh. On our way out Josie, the Josie with all the style (too bad she couldn't have cut our hair), offered us soda's and chocolate for Valentine's Day and said what a cute little couple we were. "Come back and see us again, Okay Kids?" That's the last we heard from Josie and her house of style.
We laughed all the way home and then I reclipped Matt's hair and trimmed my bangs.
The best think about Josie's Styles Salon is that you never know what style you're going to get, but if you're willing to take a risk (and have a week to grow) it's only $8.99 a cut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment