Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Dinner Guests!

Last weekend Matt and I had our first dinner guests. The Stevensens, one of the members of Matt's YSA branch presidency accepted an invitation to come to our home for dinner. We were so excited we hung extra pictures on the wall and went grocery shopping again. We vacuumed and got out all of our favorite games, put the chicken in the oven, and waited for our guests. I felt like some old English family from one of Jane Austen's novels. We even dug out our good table clothe and ironed it.

For dinner we served cornflake chicken, rosemary potatoes, veggies, fruit, and the best great value brand cherrylimeade drink mix. Yum!!! But the best part was definitly Sister Stevensen's Keylime pie.

After dinner and dessert, we played 3 games of rummi kub. I only won one time. Matt won once, and Brother Stevensen took us all in the end. I'm so grateful they were our first dinner and game guests. They didn't mind that the potatoes were too rosemarieeee and we one two out of three games.

I'm still dreaming of that pie!

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Too fun. :) Good food and good company are always a great combo.

the ginabean said...

yeah...sister stevenson's cooking is amazing; you should try her lemon meringue pie!

Dave & Chels said...

I know that excited feeling, as well. Except with me it's usually because I'm excited to hang out with other adults! (Other than Dave, of course.) And playing games with three or more people is always more fun. Your dinner sounded good!

Lorraine said...

So fun! I like having people to dinner on Sunday, mostly to have other adults around to talk to. We usually don't get around to games with kids, though. I'm still waiting for a quilt pattern!

jmholloway said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. It is always fun to have people over. That is one of the only times I make a big dinner.

Mindi :)

lizzy said...

It is so fun to have people over. Josh and I hosted our first eat-over 24 hours after we got married. We served Sunday lunch at our place for his family...I don't recomend it. You guys are too cute...we miss you both...come visit us in B-town!