Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Friends

I know you all come here to find out what's going on in our lives. I love you all so very much for keeping up with us and praying for us during this hard time with Mom's cancer fight.

I just want to let you  know that the girls and I are flying down to Texas today on a one way ticket to say goodbye to Mom for the last time.

If my dad were writing this he would say something wonderful like, "The Gospel is true. We have a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves us, and we know that Families are Forever."

Families ARE forever. I know this with every ounce of who I am, and I know that although Mom won't be here on earth with us much longer, she will be able to help us and love us in very surprising ways for many many years to come.


Love you all!!! I'll see you when I get back.

9 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Oh, Sarah, I wish I could see you at the library today to give you a big hug. I can't even imagine dealing with the death of a parent at this time in life. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about what you are going through right now. The gospel is a great comfort, in knowing that families are forever. How could a loving God not make families forever? I hope you will have love, peace, and comfort during this time. And when I see my mom in about a week, I will give her a huge hug and be thankful I still have her here on earth with me.

Allison said...

Sarah, I am so sorry you are having to go through this difficult time. I will definately be praying for you as you and your family go through this difficult time. Although I am in Dallas, please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Allison (Meppen) Hutchins

Christy said...

I can't even imagine that plane ride home. That is so hard to hear. I hope that you have some very tender moments with your mom. I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and praying that the Lord will continue to watch over and bless your family.

Leanne said...

Praying for you and your entire family!

Cassie said...

Love you. :)

Bailey said...

Sarah, words can not express how bad I feel for you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. On the other hand I am so glad you are getting the chance to say goodbye and get closure. If you need anything please call. JAmie

A Harlow said...

Oh dear Sarah I'm so sorry, you are in my thought and prayers.

tracy said...

{{{{{{{Sarah}}}}}}}}

My heart is so full of love for you and for your dear, dear mother. I am especially tender right now as I am dealing with the possibility in my own life...it makes my heart so much more open to the suffering of others. I will pray for you to have the goodbyes that your heart needs and for you to feel God's arms wrapped around you. I love you...more than you know and more than I have expressed to you...I just love you.

Stacy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you get to enjoy the time you have left with her. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.