This has been an interesting week . . . month . . . year for my family. We have seen so many blessings that our struggles don't seem that great (after the fact).
Many of you know that my mother was treated for cancer in the last 12+ months. She responded well to treatments and was in the recovery stage until about a month ago when her doctors found a group of cancer cells they think somehow survived the first two rounds of treatments. Now, after a short hiatus, she's scheduling round three.
My sis also found out this year that her new baby, just born last week, would need open heart surgery upon arrival. Our new nephew is doing well, even though his new body is giving him his first earthly workout.
As I watch my family work things out and know I'm too far away to lend a hand, or a hug, or anything else of great consequence, my prayers get longer, and my blessings become so much more pronounced. I'm so grateful for my sweet little family here in Idaho. Jill will be 1 next week, and we just can't wait to help her celebrate. We have everything we need, and some extras, like the fall leaves being so beautiful this year. (And no snow yet, thank goodness.) I'm most grateful for the blessing of having the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and knowing that although life comes with its special challenges, He will strengthen us as we learn about Him and His love for us. We will all someday return to His loving arms and live forever with the ones we love. What a great blessing indeed.
I hope you all know that I'm thinking of you, praying for you, and loving you, even though I can't be there to help you paint, or make you dinner, or watch your children as you recover. And I miss you oh so very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
We miss you, too! Thanks for the post. And the prayers.
You know that I appreciate the phone calls and just knowing your praying and thinking of me.
It's okay that you are taking care of your family and doing your best where you are.
Thank you for your sweet words.
We love you Sarah, and know that the greatest service we can give is ourselves to those around us, so as you service your sisters and mothers of your ward just think Matthew 25:40
Hey, just wanted to wish little Jill a Happy Birthday. Our prayers are with you and your family. Have a great day!!!
Wow!1 After reading your post I felt like I had to put life back into perspective and realize how precious life is. I am really sorry about your family that must be really hard.
Post a Comment